[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39233: perminlink generation with special charaters in post title leads to redirect error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 11 14:10:33 UTC 2016

#39233: perminlink generation with special charaters in post title leads to
redirect error
 Reporter:  horst8831    |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |    Version:  4.7
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 Wordpress generates the permlink from the post title. If the title
 contains special characters it leads to a invalid url for the post.

 I think for better usability, wordpress should not generate invalid post
 urls at all.
 Sure I can easy fix that problem by manually change the generated link.
 But there are pages like mine with many posts and authors every day.
 So it leads steadily to problems and support request by members/authors.

 Example
 Title of the new post is:
 Testpost

 generated permlink is: