[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39186: Bulk actions not correctly applied when selecting bulk actions in both the top and bottom bulk actions dropdowns

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 10 06:50:53 UTC 2016

#39186: Bulk actions not correctly applied when selecting bulk actions in both the
top and bottom bulk actions dropdowns
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  engelen                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by engelen):

 @azaozz Even though it's nice to have the actions to be performed
 reflected properly in the UI, I do not think that there is any ambiguity
 at this point. From a user perspective, the two dropdowns and buttons (at
 the top and at the bottom of the list table) are separate forms, and they
 have little to do with each other. Furthermore, with 4.7, many use cases
 can be considered where the patch would not be enough.

 What would happen, for example, if a user would add custom bulk actions
 with corresponding additional settings added through jQuery? I have
 already encountered this use case in my own plugin (screencast of a case
 that would be difficult and strange to copy to the bottom bulk actions:
 http://recordit.co/JYcCMR71JN).

 Concluding: I wouldn't say copying the current action to the bottom/top
 bulk actions is desirable behaviour.

 And lastly: wouldn't this be more suited for a minor release? Especially
 the bug where you can permanently delete categories without intending to
 do so seems to warrant that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39186#comment:6>