[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36521: Setting media control value through JavaScript API does not update control template

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Dec 9 04:29:33 UTC 2016

#36521: Setting media control value through JavaScript API does not update control
template
-------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  TimothyBlynJacobs  |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 I unfortunately just discovered that this breaks the
 [https://wordpress.org/plugins/background-image-cropper/ background image
 cropper plugin] pretty badly. There were some pretty hacky things in
 there, but deleting the attachment param based on the value may not be the
 safest approach. Probably not worth changing anything in core for at this
 point, and unlikely to affect others if they haven't reported it yet, but
 I want to mention it here for posterity.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36521#comment:9>