[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38977: REST API: `password` is incorrectly included in arguments to get a media item

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 1 03:33:44 UTC 2016

#38977: REST API: `password` is incorrectly included in arguments to get a media
item
---------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  jnylen0                                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                           |      Status:  new

Comment (by rachelbaker):

 I am concerned about the potential performance impact of reloading the
 schema. We *could* special case attachment, but then shouldn't we also
 special case `revisions`? And what about when Menu endpoints are added
 that use the `nav_menu_item` post type?

 Seems like, ideally, we would want to use something like a
 `post_type_supports()` conditional within the schema.  Which is a bigger
 fix than we can get into 4.7, which brings me to question "is anything
 broken here?"

 I agree that this is something we should fix, but I also don't want to
 rush a ''half-baked'' solution.

 @jnylen0 @helen I recommend moving this ticket out of the 4.7 milestone,
 and into 4.8 so it can be addressed thoroughly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38977#comment:7>