[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18302: Improve child theme file inheritance by introducing a function to locate a file URI

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Aug 31 18:28:48 UTC 2016

#18302: Improve child theme file inheritance by introducing a function to locate a
file URI
---------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion                      |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement                      |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 > One remaining question:

 -1 for adding `wp_`
 +1 for adding `_path`

 At the risk of derailing this, these function names would be the first
 times in code that `parent` is officially acknowledged, over the existing
 template & stylesheet usages. Existing experiences with blog/site/network
 confusion leave me dubious, but I'm mostly ambivalent, and know that
 people will figure it out regardless.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18302#comment:95>