[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37884: WordPress disregards explicit theme settings and serves WP.org translations first

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 30 15:49:12 UTC 2016

#37884: WordPress disregards explicit theme settings and serves WP.org translations
first
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  TomasM        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Hey there,

 Thanks for opening this ticket. I know this is currently bugging some of
 your users, but posting this ticket in various Slack channels right away
 isn't helpful for the people trying to resolve Trac tickets.

 As @casiepa already pointed out on Slack, this has been an explicit change
 in WordPress 4.6 and it was announced well in advance. See #34213 and
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/2016/07/06/i18n-improvements-in-4-6/.

 Since your theme uses language packs, there's no need to keep translation
 files in your theme anyway, so users will benefit from the
 translate.wordpress.org system.

 I'm therefore closing this ticket as that change won't be reverted. Of
 course discussion can continue also on closed tickets.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37884#comment:3>