[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 29 19:05:01 UTC 2016

#35395: Provide a better gateway for code-based theme customizations with the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Per the discussion in the customize meeting, linked above, we're planning
 to move forward with CSSTidy in core to support this and handle
 sanitization.

 Additionally, due to problems with the amount of data stored in options,
 we'll need to use a post type with a post for each theme, which would also
 provide revisions directly.

 While we'd ideally also bundle a code editor for this, that part isn't
 required for a first pass. We'll need to find the best 3rd-party CSS
 editor, or perhaps make our own since we only need CSS (see previously
 [14527]).

 I probably won't have time to flesh out those pieces for 4.7; is anyone
 else interested in picking this up?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35395#comment:13>