[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37653: customizer sections with 'active_callback' set to 'is_front_page' don't show when "Front page displays" "a static page"

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 22 07:54:02 UTC 2016

#37653: customizer sections with 'active_callback' set to 'is_front_page' don't
show when "Front page displays" "a static page"
-----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  Guss77                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by Guss77):

 Unfortunately the fix you suggested in `is_front_page()` does not work for
 me - I assume because on my setup the "Front page" setting is not empty.

 Also, implementing a workaround in the theme code is not useful because I
 want to be able to update the theme, so the change has also to be done
 upstream - in any of the dozens themes or so I have installed (using
 `is_front_page` for `active_callback` is very popular and documented in
 several theme creation tutorials).

 Can you please explain why do you think my analysis in the bug report is
 not correct? Specifically this part:

     `$this->is_page( get_option( 'page_on_front' ) )` never resolves to
 true when starting with an empty query (regardless of any option setting).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37653#comment:2>