[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37711: The characters ' and " break the sidebar in preview mode if entered into the editor field

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 18 07:20:57 UTC 2016

#37711: The characters ' and " break the sidebar in preview mode if entered into
the editor field
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  amypink         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor          |    Version:  4.6
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration  |
 After updating to 4.6, if we enter the characters ' or " (as in
 hyperlinks) into the editor field (disabled visual editor), save, and
 preview the post, the recent posts widget in our sidebar shows the wrong
 thumbnail(s). Only the featured image of the current post is shown. If we
 just type "This is a test" into the editor, the recent posts thumbnails
 are normal.

 [[Image(https://s.apcdn.co/downloads/amypink_bug.jpg)]]