[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37666: Masonry update to v3.3.2 breaks backwards compatibility with isAnimated option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 15 10:24:58 UTC 2016

#37666: Masonry update to v3.3.2 breaks backwards compatibility with isAnimated
option
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  stephenharris       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  External Libraries  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                      |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 In version 2 of Masonry, the `isAnimated` (boolean) option configured
 whether the grid elements were animated. Since WordPress switched to
 version 3 it has been providing a shim for backwards compatibility.
 However since #32802 use of that option throws an error:

  jquery.masonry.js?ver=3.1.2:29 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property
 'transitionDuration' of undefined

 I'm not sure whether the last v2-shim works with Masonry 3.3.2. The shim
 was last updated Mar 26 2015 and moved to an external repo on April 1 2015
 (where it appears to be unmaintained) which is when version Masonry 3.2.3
 was released, and so it may not do so.

 If the v2-shim no longer works, and we don't maintain it ourselves, we
 should probably make developers aware of this.