[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Aug 14 11:42:45 UTC 2016

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  helen
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by folletto):

 > It might not be the end of the world to have a highlight border on
 autofocused back borders, but it could also be a bit problematic. I think
 there should typically be a visible focus indicator at all times though,
 with the exception of the initial page load?

 The first load yes, shouldn't highlight by default.

 For other actions, I'm not sure. In terms of flow what seems relevant is
 that if the cursor did actually move from the "outside focus" position,
 then it should focus on the correct item when moving down with focus-
 triggered actions. If instead it's all pure mouse, the highlight shouldn't
 be visible at any time (unless again explicitly triggered). But I'm aware
 it might be challenging.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:59>