[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Aug 12 11:32:46 UTC 2016

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:  helen
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by folletto):

 > is the border-left approach :)

 Yep, I was more wondering about the "we should also incorporate the
 border-consistency changes" bit. What are these changes? Same thing?

 > Moving focus to the section back arrows is necessary otherwise focus
 would be lost.

 Can't we have an "external" element with focus, so it starts at a
 tabulation point that is hidden, before getting to the back? The hidden
 tab point might still behave as back. That would again allow the same
 crisp highlight without any loss of keyboard/focus navigation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:57>