[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33815: Equal signs replace characters in HTML emails sent to subscribers about new posts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 8 20:33:43 UTC 2016

#33815: Equal signs replace characters in HTML emails sent to subscribers about new
posts
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  junipersystems  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  closed

Comment (by sevensoutbill):

 We found this issue when some notification emails from the Gravity Forms
 plugin started showing equal signs throughout. With further testing we
 narrowed the issue down. It seems when forms with paragraph fields that
 contained large amounts of text were submitted, the equal signs would
 appear. We're running WordPress 4.5.3 with class-phpmailer.php 5.2.14.
 After replacing this with 5.2.10 the issue was resolved. Hope this helps!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33815#comment:5>