[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36591: discourage the setting of the offset in the options and that way always have a timezone string in options

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 19 12:06:15 UTC 2016

#36591: discourage the setting of the offset in the options and that way always
have a timezone string in options
 Reporter:  pbearne       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Date/Time     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 We have code that only runs/works if the timezone option is set so we
 should remove the ability to set just an offset by

 1. removing them
 2. or mapping them to a "default timezone"

 related #29205