[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36539: When filtering links for a category and editing a link, the links list doesn't return to the filtered view

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Apr 16 14:01:26 UTC 2016

#36539: When filtering links for a category and editing a link, the links list
doesn't return to the filtered view
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  bsuneja         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Changes (by swissspidy):

 * priority:  normal => low
 * focuses:  ui, docs, administration => ui

Comment:

 I think the actual bug is that it redirects you to the Links table instead
 of staying on the link you've just edited and displaying a notice like
 "Link saved. Go back to the list view" or something.

 That's how it works in other parts of WordPress already, like when editing
 posts or pages.

 As the links manager is deprecated and not turned on by default, I don't
 see this having a high priority. However, anyone's welcome to create a
 patch if they see a need for that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36539#comment:1>