[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36167: Improve alignment between settings params between Customizer Controls and Partials

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 8 20:13:57 UTC 2016

#36167: Improve alignment between settings params between Customizer Controls and
Partials
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:   => 2nd-opinion
 * version:   => trunk

Comment:

 This is specifically introduced in 4.5/trunk.

 I think it could be nice to have parity here, but on the other hand with
 it not being in 4.5, not sure that it's worth changing later, particularly
 given the relative complexity of the patch. If anything, since the partial
 approach is clearer, we may want to update controls to accept that so that
 we're moving toward a clearer API.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36167#comment:2>