[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #36431: Harden assignment of Customizer settings transports for selective refreshable widgets

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 7 04:13:12 UTC 2016

#36431: Harden assignment of Customizer settings transports for selective
refreshable widgets
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 @Ipstenu zero hits is good! :-)

 Acking for `register_settings` is too broad, since we want to find
 specific calls to a method named just `'register_settings'`. This pattern
 narrows it down to 26: `ack -w "[\"'>]register_settings[\"'\(]"`

 I don't see any reference to instances of `WP_Customize_Widgets` but just
 other plugin-specific classes.

 If I instead ack the list for `customize`, I see references to this method
 in PHP comments for plugins I've been involved with:

 {{{
 /plugins/plugins/customize-pane-resizer/php/class-plugin.php:28:
 $priority = 9; // Because WP_Customize_Widgets::register_settings()
 happens at after_setup_theme priority 10.
 /plugins/plugins/customize-widgets-plus/php/class-plugin.php:61:
 $priority = 9; // because WP_Customize_Widgets::register_settings()
 happens at after_setup_theme priority 10
 }}}

 So yeah, there doesn't seem to be any code reference to
 `WP_Customize_Widgets::register_settings()`. I expected this to be the
 case, since this is a low-level method that shouldn't be interfered with.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/36431#comment:6>