[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34290: Not possible to have a percent symbol contained in the default value of a theme_mod

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 5 22:29:52 UTC 2016

#34290: Not possible to have a percent symbol contained in the default value of a
theme_mod
--------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  kuus          |       Owner:

Comment (by kuus):

 the
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/commit/fb64ee90ef2a1da4b568e4ca7f22e0771f3d8660
 #diff-931d58e88156d7984f7c387d069a8082R429 commit] that introduced the
 {{{get_theme_mod}}} function and the
 [https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/fb64ee90ef2a1da4b568e4ca7f22e0771f3d8660
 /wp-includes/theme.php theme.php] at that time.
 @matt it seems that you wrote that function (not sure if you are the same
 Matt though)
 I am still wondering why this {{{sprintf}}}, it seems to me that we could
 just get rid of it and solve the bug this way..what do you think?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34290#comment:7>