[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33793: Adding a user with a username 52 characters or longer fails, but displays success message.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 27 13:55:41 UTC 2015

#33793: Adding a user with a username 52 characters or longer fails, but displays
success message.
 Reporter:  tommarshall                          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |  boonebgorges
Changes (by ruud@…):

 * keywords:  needs-unit-tests has-patch => needs-unit-tests has-patch dev-
     feedback
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Hi dipesh.kakadiya, utkarshpatel, tommarshall, boonebgorges, thanks for
 reporting this bug and fixing it.

 I had a special interest in this bug because this bug bit me too a while
 ago :) So I was hoping this would be something to work on at the WordCamp
 NL contributor day.

 While looking over the code and new tests, I think we can add another more
 precise test to prevent possible future regression on this subject,
 specifically on the allowed length of the username (60chars). I'm going to
 try to reopen this trac-ticket to be able to add the additional test.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33793#comment:13>