[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 18 06:08:46 UTC 2015

#32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes
page
 Reporter:  celloexpressions                     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |  westonruter

Comment (by westonruter):

 I've refreshed the patch in [attachment:32637.5.diff] and implemented the
 change where I think the link to `themes.php` can be removed altogether. I
 think the reason why the `themes.php` link is there to begin with is
 because the Live Preview links on the Themes page lack the `return`
 parameter, so they link to URLs like <http://src.wordpress-develop.dev/wp-
 admin/customize.php?theme=twentyeleven>. If the user then reloaded the
 page while in the Customizer which was opened by the loader, then clicking
 Close would take the user back to the Themes page in Core's current state.
 This assumes that the Customizer will normally be accessed via the Live
 Preview button on the Themes admin page, which I don't think is true. So I
 think the change there is that the Live Preview links just need to open
 the Customizer with the `return` param provided.

 Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32637#comment:14>