[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21038: Provide an option for creating 2x images of user content (for Retina Displays)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 17 22:40:53 UTC 2015

#21038: Provide an option for creating 2x images of user content (for Retina
Displays)
-------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  twam               |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  feature request    |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by TigrouMeow):

 Are you going to kill my good old' plugin? ;) (WP Retina 2x) Retina is a
 lot of work, I am working on it everyday, it is not only a piece of code
 that generate files, that should also be working with CDN and depending on
 many things, let the user know for which he has Retina or not, opt image
 sizes out, etc... I kind of feel it would never be in the WP core because
 of this complexity and the related screens it would require.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21038#comment:28>