[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33417: JS error when uploading small image as Site Icon and electing to Skip Cropping

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 9 06:21:40 UTC 2015

#33417: JS error when uploading small image as Site Icon and electing to Skip
Cropping
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  truonght      |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by tyxla):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch

Comment:

 My two cents: I believe we should allow the user to skip the cropping
 step. There is no reason to require the cropping IMHO - why not allow the
 image to remain untouched? There are many cases when the user has prepared
 a special image for the site icon, and they would want it to remain
 uncropped.

 Also, concerning [attachment:33417.diff], it does not fix the issue for
 me. I haven't made a research, but I guess that `mustBeCropped` is not
 fully implemented yet.

 I've just tested my patch again, it fixes this issue and the "Skip
 Cropping" button works exactly as it should.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33417#comment:10>