[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33297: Various typos and punctuation errors in wp/admin/edit-form-advanced.php - help tab.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 5 14:21:56 UTC 2015

#33297: Various typos and punctuation errors in wp/admin/edit-form-advanced.php -
help tab.
--------------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  timph                                 |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * component:  General => Help/About

Old description:

> line 329 of edit-form-advanced.php:
>                 '<p>' . __('Creating a Page is very similar to creating a
> Post, and the screens can be customized in the same way using drag and
> drop, the Screen Options tab, and expanding/collapsing boxes as you
> choose. This screen also has the distraction-free writing space,
> available in both the Visual and Text modes via the Fullscreen buttons.
> The Page editor mostly works the same as the Post editor, but there are
> some Page-specific features in the Page Attributes box:') . '</p>';
>
> It displays the following text:
>
> Creating a Page is very similar to creating a Post, and the screens can
> be customized in the same way using drag and drop, the Screen Options
> tab, and expanding/collapsing boxes as you choose. This screen also has
> the distraction-free writing space, available in both the Visual and Text
> modes via the Fullscreen buttons. The Page editor mostly works the same
> as the Post editor, but there are some Page-specific features in the Page
> Attributes box:
>
> The first sentence doesn't make much sense to me.  I believe it might be
> saying something along the lines of:
>
> "Creating a Page is very similar to creating a Post, and the screens can
> be customized just like the Screen Options tab.  You can drag and drop
> them, and expand/collapse the boxes as you choose."
>
> The colon at the end leads me to believe there's something more to show.
> I believe this should be a period instead of a colon.
>
> I think this section would read better to those who use the help feature
> like this:
>
> "Creating a Page is very similar to creating a Post, and the screens can
> be customized just like the Screen Options tab.  You can drag, drop,
> expand and collapse the boxes as you choose.  This screen also has the
> distraction-free writing space, which is available in both the Visual and
> Text modes via the Fullscreen buttons.  The Page editor works the same as
> the Post editor, but there are some Page-specific features in the Page
> Attributes box."
>
> I propose that line 329 of edit-form-advanced.php be changed to this:
>
>                 '<p>' . __( 'Creating a Page is very similar to creating
> a Post, and the screens can be customized just like the Screen Options
> tab.  You can drag, drop, expand and collapse the boxes as you choose.
> This screen also has the distraction-free writing space, which is
> available in both the Visual and Text modes via the Fullscreen buttons.
> The Page editor works the same as the Post editor, but there are some
> Page-specific features in the Page Attributes box.' ) . '</p>';
>
> The file as a whole doesn't fall consistent with the WordPress coding
> standards as well.  I noticed there's several areas where spaces aren't
> placed when functions are opened and closed between the parentheses and
> single quotes.  For example lines 355-357, as well as line 329 that I'm
> writing about.

New description:

[...]

 screens can be customized just like the Screen Options tab.  You can drag,

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33297#comment:14>