[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28160: Get authors user query in-efficient when dealing with large numbers of users.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 3 19:21:45 UTC 2015

#28160: Get authors user query in-efficient when dealing with large numbers of
users.
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  l3rady       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by jmichaelward):

 Hey all, I'm working on a client site with hundreds of thousands of users,
 and I've come across this slow query as a result. In my particular
 instance, it appears that WP_User_Query->query() gets called two times by
 the WordPress Core, and due to the number of users, it takes ~50-60
 seconds to process each query (so, two minutes to fully load an edit
 page).

 It looks like this has been in Trac for awhile, and the logs show some
 related issues. Any chance we can get some focus on this for 4.4?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28160#comment:4>