[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23316: Top level admin sidebar menu items with conflicting positions bury one another

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 31 20:56:41 UTC 2015

#23316: Top level admin sidebar menu items with conflicting positions bury one
another
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  beautomated                   |       Owner:  chriscct7
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by chriscct7):

 Replying to [comment:12 DrewAPicture]:
 > Rather than perpetuating the Codex, let's future-proof the docs. We can
 do that by improving the inline docs and/or writing up some supplemental
 information for the code reference, then redirect the Codex page(s) for
 `add_menu_page()` and `add_submenu_page()`.

 > Inline docs will carry over when the code reference is reparsed for the
 4.4 release. Supplemental information can be pushed live anytime.

 The information is custom to the current codex, so the proposal is to just
 not change the current codex then, since that information wouldn't be
 auto-carried over?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23316#comment:13>