[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of Responsive Image support

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 31 15:27:53 UTC 2015

#34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of
Responsive Image support
------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  DH-Shredder       |       Owner:  DH-Shredder
     Type:  task (blessed)    |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by DH-Shredder):

 Replying to [comment:31 azaozz]:
 > The patch looks good. Refreshed it a bit after r35464 in 34196.1.patch.
 >
 > One question: as far as I understand we want the new `medium_large` size
 to be constant. There is no UI to change it like the other default sizes,
 and there is no UI to insert it in the editor. However we still store it
 in the options table, so any plugin or theme can change it or even remove
 it (by changing/deleting the options).

 So, I definitely don't think we should have UI, but have no reservations
 about themes still deciding what's best for their layout.

 Since the optimal "mid-size" is different depending on the theme,
 developers/designers that know what they want should still be able to do
 that.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34196#comment:32>