[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34489: WP oEmbed: The embed-template 404 condition isn't getting triggered for 404'd embeds

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 30 09:47:34 UTC 2015

#34489: WP oEmbed: The embed-template 404 condition isn't getting triggered for
404'd embeds
-----------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  DrewAPicture                 |       Owner:  swissspidy
     Type:  defect (bug)                 |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by swissspidy):

 It looks like this falls back to what #4328 describes: When the permalink
 structure changes, WordPress doesn't catch this and properly redirect to
 the new structure.

 You have the same problem with any other rewrite endpoint, e.g. when
 accessing the post's comment feed under the old permalink structure.

 Too late to fix that scenario in this cycle though. On the other hand, we
 could treat the embed endpoint as a special case, always setting
 `is_embed` to true when `/embed/` is found in the request URL.

 I'm not really familiar with the rewrite component, so if anyone wants to
 help out, let me know.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34489#comment:3>