[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of Responsive Image support

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 23 08:56:13 UTC 2015

#34196: Add image size between Medium and Large to better take advantage of
Responsive Image support
----------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  DH-Shredder                 |       Owner:  DH-Shredder
     Type:  task (blessed)              |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by DH-Shredder):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-unit-tests has-patch

Comment:

 Attached [attachment:working_bad_tests.diff] which adds a size named
 `medium_large` with a width of 768, and height of 0 (unbounded).
 Intentionally omitted all UI in Media Library or Settings. It includes the
 generated images in the responsive image display filter as expected. I
 suspect the db version will also need to be incremented when this goes in
 to get the default size into the options table.

 I wanted to get a patch out there, but this patch includes broken unit
 tests, and I'd appreciate eyes (from @azaozz @joemcgill or anyone), since
 I'm probably missing something minor.

 The updated responsive tests pass, but the new ones for the size are
 currently failing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34196#comment:25>