[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34383: Feature Request - Add ID field and function to dynamically generate image IDs for images in the Media Library

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 21 04:55:42 UTC 2015

#34383: Feature Request - Add ID field and function to dynamically generate image
IDs for images in the Media Library
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mudboxmedia         |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request     |     Status:  new
Component:  Media               |    Version:  4.3.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
 I have a feature request for WordPress core. I'd like to see an HTML ID
 field in addition to the fields for URL, Title, Caption, Alt Text, and
 Description in the Media Library. Having this field for input and a
 function to dynamically output the id attribute as part of core would
 allow developers to rapidly style specific images without having to re-
 code themes.