[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34353: Notifications on top of the page for canonical.php and nav-menu-template.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 19 08:47:04 UTC 2015

#34353: Notifications on top of the page for canonical.php and nav-menu-
template.php
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  theamila           |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Canonical          |    Version:  4.3.1
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, accessibility  |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hello,
 We have a problem on our Blog (http://blog.mila.com). Since over half a
 year, we get these notifications on top of our wordpress blog:

 '''Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /opt/wordpress/wp-
 includes/canonical.php on line 66'''
 '''Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in /opt/wordpress/wp-includes/nav-
 menu-template.php on line 558'''

 The notifications come and go, so i don't know what the problem is..
 This is line 66 in the canonical file:
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 $requested_url .= $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'];
 }}}

 And this is line 558 in nav-menu-template.php:
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 $current_url = set_url_scheme( 'http://' . $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] .
 $_root_relative_current );
 }}}

 We know that the notification is shown because the variable HTTP_HOST is
 not set, but we don't know how to fix that. It would be great if you could
 help