[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes page

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 17 05:47:03 UTC 2015

#32637: Customizer should default to returning to the front page, not the themes
page
------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions        |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch dev-
               feedback

Comment:

 OK, [attachment:32637.6.diff] adds the `return` param to the URLs used in
 the Live Preview links on the Themes admin page. The `return` is set to
 the current `REQUEST_URI`. I was initially thinking this would help users
 return to the search that they had been making, but I realize that the
 search UI now uses `replaceState` to dynamically update the URL so
 including the `REQUEST_URI` would only reflect the initial URL requested.
 I think this is fine, as this is really just a edge case. We might as well
 just do:

 {{{#!diff
 - 'return' => urlencode( esc_url_raw( wp_unslash( $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']
 ) ) ),
 + 'return' => urlencode( admin_url( 'themes.php' ) ),

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32637#comment:17>