[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34312: On Multisite has_site_icon( $child_blog_id ) when checking from the root blog is false even if the child blog has a site icon

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 15 11:22:31 UTC 2015

#34312: On Multisite has_site_icon( $child_blog_id ) when checking  from the root
blog is false even if the child blog has a site icon
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  imath               |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Networks and Sites  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite           |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi,

 First, i love the Site Icon, thanks a lot for this great new feature :)
 Using it i've noticed there was an issue on multisite configs when trying
 to check if a different blog had a Site Icon.

 to reproduce:

 On a multisite config, create a new blog ($new_blog_id), add a site icon
 to it. Then come back on the root blog (or any other blogs actually) and
 use `has_site_icon( $new_blog_id )`: it will be false.

 I think the problem is due to the fact `wp_get_attachment_image_src()`
 will look into the current blog instead of the requested blog.

 Using `switch_to_blog()` instead of `get_blog_option()` is fixing the
 issue for me.

 I've attached a patch and a unit test to this ticket.