[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34247: Make <!--nextpage--> work even when it is placed from 'Visual' mode of the post editor

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 10 15:56:51 UTC 2015

#34247: Make <!--nextpage--> work even when it is placed from 'Visual' mode of the
post editor
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  prasad-nevase  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Query          |    Version:  4.3.1
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
 I think it can be thought of as a bug or as an enhancement. I am marking
 this under 'bug' because I came across a question on WordPress
 stackexchange.

 Currently if {{{<!--nextpage-->}}} is inserted using 'Visual' mode of the
 post/page editor it gets translated to {{{<!--nextpage-->}}} which
 is obvious. This can be seen in text mode. Although it is recommended that
 this tag shall be used by switching to 'Text' mode, since its a WordPress
 tag, this can be very well handled with an additional condition in
 setup_postdata function of query.php file.