[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 1 20:56:25 UTC 2015

#29158: Customizer UI Design lacks contrast for visual hierarchy and does not match
wp-admin
------------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions              |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  ui-feedback has-patch needs-testing => ui-feedback has-patch
     commit

 The proposed changes are fairly low-impact, making the design intent
 clearer while working within the design concepts that we currently have.
 The only thing here that may be at all controversial would be the icon
 change on hover/focus. However, viable alternatives have not been proposed
 that wouldn't require a broader redesign. Let's get this fixed for the
 design we have now so that we can shift design focus to entirely new
 concepts for the Customizer. Based on the lack of feedback here, I don't
 think we have the designer resources to do anything more than this
 currently. However, we do have several people using it in the wild via the
 Customizer UI Experiments plugin.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29158#comment:36>