[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29462: comment pagination in reverse order should display a full number of the latest comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 1 05:41:55 UTC 2015

#29462: comment pagination in reverse order should display a full number of the
latest comments
 Reporter:  mark-k        |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mark-k):

 Sorry, but I don't get the permalink discussion, this sounds to me like
 backward compatibility gone nuts.

 1. Who cares about backward compatibility here? Is there anyone in the
 world that is trying to improve the SEO of those pages?, anyone linking to
 them?. IIRC no sitemap generating plugin add them to the sites sitemap. In
 addition the feature was probably never used as it was always broken (the
 trigger for this ticket is that I had to write code to reverse the
 comments order as the build-in feature was so unacceptable to the client)

 2. The permalink are still there, they are not going anywhere, it is just
 the content that changes, the same way it would have changed if comments
 were added/modified/removed, so where is the issue?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29462#comment:16>