[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #33085: Customizer: controls description inside labels are not real labels nor descriptions

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 17 18:54:40 UTC 2015

#33085: Customizer: controls description inside labels are not real labels nor
descriptions
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by afercia):

 @valendesigns tried to do my best, please consider I'm not so familiar
 with the Customizer. For example, about the Media control I've checked
 just the Site Icon not sure if all the other controls that inherit from
 Media control use the same template. I guess they should. The controls
 I've seen look OK to me, the descriptions are moved out from the labels
 and the `aria-describedby` attributes just work.

 The color picker is a bit weird since the description gets read out only
 in a second moment, when the control is expanded and the real input is
 focused. I guess there's not much we can do here for now.

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/Kev0UoD85C.png)]]

 From a UI perspective, I'm not sure the descriptions should be printed out
 before their controls, maybe they should be moved after, probably
 something to consider for the next release :)

 All in all I think this is a very nice improvement.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/33085#comment:14>