[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34456: Add add_theme_support('title-tag') to all default WordPress themes as wp_title() is deprecated since WordPress 4.4

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 10 17:06:36 UTC 2015

#34456: Add add_theme_support('title-tag') to all default WordPress themes as
wp_title() is deprecated since WordPress 4.4
---------------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Nikschavan                 |       Owner:  obenland
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by obenland):

 Replying to [comment:18 Nikschavan]:
 > I am not too sure if I like the deprecated notice being displayed on the
 front end to all the visitors of the site.
 > user who has this theme installed will have only two options to get rid
 of this warning either to change the theme or downgrade WordPress both the
 options are not good.

 The notice is only shown on sites that have `WP_DEBUG` enabled in
 production.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34456#comment:20>