[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34578: Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no alter,

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 4 14:16:03 UTC 2015

#34578: Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no
alter,
 Reporter:  daslicht      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes        |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 WP 4.4
 I have the following location for my comments.php:

 {{{
 /template_parts/_includes/comments.php
 }}}

 When I include it like this:

 {{{
 comments_template('template_parts/_includes/comments.php')
 }}}

 The comments get displayed but I get the notice:

 {{{
 Notice: Theme without comments.php is deprecated since version 3.0 with no
 alter
 }}}

 I even tried adding a dummy comments.php to the root of the theme but i
 still get that notice.

 why?