[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34563: URL structure for providing oEmbed should be made easier to block at webserver

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 4 11:08:00 UTC 2015

#34563: URL structure for providing oEmbed should be made easier to block at
webserver
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  mark-k        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by mark-k):

 none of the rules answer for http://example.com/my-post/embed/ I wonder
 how easy it will be to do it while still providing access to the great
 page I have with the slug "embed". Anyway the second one is convoluted and
 will easily block things in a surprising way. Might as well just say that
 the oEmbed feature work only when mod_rewrite is active.

 So far two closings of the ticket with neither fully answering the issue,
 except for really saying "we are smarter then you and know better then you
 so trust us". Guess it is time to avoid trac again.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34563#comment:8>