[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #34563: URL structure for providing oEmbed should be made easier to block at webserver

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 4 09:11:33 UTC 2015

#34563: URL structure for providing oEmbed should be made easier to block at
webserver
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  mark-k        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by mark-k):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 pento]:
 > The embed content also sends the HTTP header `X-WP-embed: true`. This
 can easily be used as the canonical method for blocking access to the
 embed content.

 Please don't say that something is easy if you can't show that it is
 easy.I doubt that drupal twitter or facebook will send that header. oEmbed
 is intended hopfully to be used by all sites on the web and not just
 wordpress, otherwise I fail to find the feature usefull at all.

 > Finally, there are several filters available for you to programatically
 block access.
 so what? why should I bwaste CPU on something I don't want to support? CPU
 for getting all options from DB and then parsing URL just to do nothing?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/34563#comment:3>