[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 25 14:50:23 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  ocean90
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * focuses:  ui, accessibility, administration => ui, administration

Comment:

 We should probably do a new ticket with a full audit of accessibility in
 the Customizer once this lands then. That way we can identify all of the
 issues and fix them more easily without wading through an already large
 patch that is holding up some critical things we're trying to get into
 this release. As far as I can tell we don't have any regressions in the
 current patch, and actually have some net improvements. I'm fine with
 committing to fixing such a ticket in 4.3, but timing-wise it's something
 we need to work on later in the release. That would also allow time for an
 extensive review of overall accessibility as well as accessibility in Menu
 Customizer in the meantime. We simply can't try to fix everything in one
 ticket or one patch.

 @afercia do you think you could open a new ticket for a broad Customizer
 accessibility audit, and start looking at what testing/review resources
 are looking like it terms of being able to start putting together that
 more detailed feedback?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:59>