[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22961: "Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks.)" description is misleading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 20 00:25:33 UTC 2015

#22961: "Allow link notifications from other blogs (pingbacks and trackbacks.)"
description is misleading
--------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  mark-k        |       Owner:  chriscct7
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by chriscct7):

 If we're going to switch them all to post, I think that should be done in
 a separate ticket as there's going to need to be a discussion about:
 1. Rephrasing other settings to stop using "post" as a verb and more
 importantly
 2. Since these settings are for comments, and you can have comments on a
 non post, like in a page or custom post type, whether that's more
 confusing to users to use "post" than it already is. For example, if we
 switch them to post, users might be confused over where the comment
 settings are for pages.

 That type of text change would probably need to be thought out, and I
 would think the UX team would want to do a new user experience A/B test on
 that to ensure it's not more confusing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22961#comment:11>