[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-linked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 19 21:28:33 UTC 2015

#28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-
linked
-------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:21 AlexandruDoda]:
 > Using the {{{wp-login.php}}} page as an URL parameter does open that
 page and customizing fields do apply on-page. I am basically using the
 Customizer to change login page CSS like background, form colors, etc. and
 it works. Why isn't the {{{url}}} considered valid?

 > '''Update -''' Demo:
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/63a7zq6oe49xbli/Customizer_login.mov?dl=0

 I was thinking of this bit of code in `customize-controls.js`:

 {{{#!js
 this.add( 'previewUrl', params.previewUrl ).setter( function( to ) {
         var result;

         // Check for URLs that include "/wp-admin/" or end in "/wp-admin".
         // Strip hashes and query strings before testing.
         if ( /\/wp-admin(\/|$)/.test( to.replace( /[#?].*$/, '' ) ) )
                 return null;
 }}}

 But I see now it is specifically for `wp-admin` and not `wp-login`.

 I can see that deep-linking to `wp-login.php` does work, kindof. You'll
 notice that the `document.title` never stops showing `Customize:
 you're not getting any autofocusing going on.

 Please open a new ticket, as I don't think Customizing the login page is
 really something that was anticipated from the beginning of the
 Customizer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28650#comment:22>