[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-linked

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 19 20:35:07 UTC 2015

#28650: Allow Customizer elements (controls, sections, and panels) to be deep-
linked
-------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by AlexandruDoda):

 Replying to [comment:20 westonruter]:
 > Replying to [comment:19 AlexandruDoda]:
 > > It seems that direct page linking + deep linking do not currently work
 together. For example:

 > > http://example.com/wp-
 admin/customize.php?autofocus[section]=section_login&url=http://example.com
 /wp-login.php

 > > ''or''
 > >
 > > http://example.com/wp-admin/customize.php?url=http://example.com/wp-
 login.php&autofocus[section]=section_login

 > > Neither of these examples will open the page parsed through the url
 parameter and open the panel together. That would be pretty useful when
 linking to specific customization areas. In the example I wrote above, I
 am trying to create a button that links to a specific Customizer section
 after it opens that page since they are contextual / related.

 > The `url` you're providing is not valid, as you can't load the `wp-
 login.php` page into the Customizer preview. Supply a `url` param that
 contains a valid previewable URL, and you should see it load in the
 preview along with the supplied autofocus panel/section/control being
 focused.

 Using the {{{wp-login.php}}} page as an URL parameter does open that page
 and customizing fields do apply on-page. I am basically using the
 Customizer to change login page CSS like background, form colors, etc. and
 it works. Why isn't the {{{url}}} considered valid?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28650#comment:21>