[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32431: Network Admin Menu has 'upgrades' in it's own subsection, instead of parity with Single Site

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 19 04:04:00 UTC 2015

#32431: Network Admin Menu has 'upgrades' in it's own subsection, instead of parity
with Single Site
--------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  Ipstenu             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Replying to [comment:3 jeremyfelt]:
 > In single site we use "Updates" rather than "Available Updates". Can we
 do that here too?

 "Updates" was changed to "Available Updates" in [18026] to avoid a visual
 clash with the parent "Updates" menu item. I think it's okay to change it
 back to "Updates" with a move to a different parent menu item.

 Replying to [comment:4 johnjamesjacoby]:
 > I haven't reviewed the code changes, but get nervous when anything
 changes menus code.

 I hear you, menus code is uncomfortable to touch. :)

 > Can we specifically confirm that still works?

 I tested locally and everything works as normal for the network upgrades.
 I don't see anything that relies on the menu position of these items.

 My only concern right now is if a plugin is hooking into
 `$submenu['index.php'][10]` or `$submenu['index.php'][15]` and ends up
 squashing this, but I'm hopeful that's not the case. If so, it's a quick
 work around to resolve.

 [https://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/32431/32431.2.diff
 32431.2.diff] goes with "Updates" and results in views of
 https://cloudup.com/c2Wxai9NcjG and https://cloudup.com/c7STOqO0uQp.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32431#comment:5>