[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing accordion behavior

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 11 12:37:53 UTC 2015

#31336: Customizer: separate navigation from options UI for better UX by removing
accordion behavior
------------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:  celloexpressions
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by folletto):

 > I think it's important to retain some visual distinction between
 sections and panels at the top level, though, so I kept the two-toned
 approach for panels as a distinguisher.

 I'm not sure about this: with a slider approach, there's no difference for
 a user perspective, and the section/panel distinction becomes just a
 technical detail (in terms of UX). I wouldn't make them any different in
 terms of UI.

 > how the latest patch tests for usability, as well as further design
 thoughts now that the dust has settled around the theme switching
 components.

 Agreed. The above seems a solid approach worth testing. Going white for
 navigation elements and background for "content" feels clearer. :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31336#comment:27>