[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32103: Customizer sanitizes data multiple times when options are served as Serialized Settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 9 08:39:06 UTC 2015

#32103: Customizer sanitizes data multiple times when options are served as
Serialized Settings
--------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Air.          |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:6 Aniruddh]:
 > Kudos to Air.
 >
 > Is it possible to target this for 4.2.2? I believe many theme developers
 go for serialized value structure and this seems to be a serious
 performance issue.

 I've pushed up the implementation that I've done specifically for
 improving the efficiency of sanitizing widget settings in the Customizer,
 which I believe is the overwhelmingly worst offender for performance:
 https://github.com/xwp/wp-customize-widgets-plus/pull/6/files

 The approach here might be able to be generalized for any multidimensional
 setting, but I haven't thought it through.

 I've submitted this Customize Widgets Plus plugin to the WordPress.org
 plugin directory, but for now the feature plugin can be obtained on
 GitHub: https://github.com/xwp/wp-customize-widgets-plus

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32103#comment:7>