[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30452: _wp_translate_postdata() aggressively checks current_user_can( $ptype->cap->edit_others_posts ) on update

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 4 16:43:20 UTC 2015

#30452: _wp_translate_postdata() aggressively checks current_user_can(
$ptype->cap->edit_others_posts ) on update
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  danielbachhuber    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by danielbachhuber):

 Replying to [comment:2 jeremyclarke]:
 > +1 this bug breaks my (IMHO legit) filter on map_meta_cap to allow
 anyone subscribed via. Edit Flow editing rights to a post.

 > Daniel do you have a solution to make the filter work in the meantime?

 Here's the code we're using internally with an even more hacky fix:
 https://gist.github.com/danielbachhuber/18850d571c5dce419f8b

 It's not something I can support, but feel free to use as you wish.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30452#comment:3>