[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #31495: Always use 'login' as $scheme parameter for "login-ish" URLs, and other inconsistencies

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 1 03:15:04 UTC 2015

#31495: Always use 'login' as $scheme parameter for "login-ish" URLs, and other
inconsistencies
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  GregLone                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by DrewAPicture):

 * version:  4.1.1 =>

Comment:

 Would you like to make a patch? Standouts I would skip are:

 * **wp-activate.php**: The use of `network_site_url()`. I think that needs
 to be left alone because it's specifically for the multisite/network URL
 use-case. If it isn't multisite, it'll fall back to `site_url()` anyway.
 * **wp-includes/ms-functions.php**: email template string
 * **wp-includes/schema.php**: email template

 For the others, it might be worth a try fixing. Some of those have been in
 core since we switched from using direct file links more than four years
 ago.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/31495#comment:1>