[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32750: If changing the checkbox state "organize my uploads..." in the media preferences the thumbnails aren't shown anymore

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 22 12:20:47 UTC 2015

#32750: If changing the checkbox state "organize my uploads..." in the media
preferences the thumbnails aren't shown anymore
 Reporter:  rkoller       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  4.2.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi i ran into the following issue on WordPress 4.2.2. The steps to
 reproduce.

 1. Inside the media preferences keep the checkbox "Organize my uploads
 into month- and year-based folders" unchecked.
 2. Upload one or two images inside the library -> everything is previewed
 properly in thumbnails as well as all files are properly uploaded when
 checked via ftp.
 3. Now check the "Organize my uploads into month- and year-based folders"
 checkbox.
 4. Drag and drop a new image to upload inside the library.
 5. The thumbnails for the images aren't shown in the library. You only see
 questionmark placeholders.
 6. But if you check via ftp the source files are actually there inside the
 designated yearly and monthy subfolders but as mentioned not shown in the
 library.
 7. if you uncheck the checkbox in the media preferences again and upload a
 new image everything works out again and the previews are shown again.

 Cheers r.